Top 5 Winter Trends You Can Wear Now in Florida 02/03/12
Iris is a fashion blogger that loves experimenting and playing with trends. She loves things that sparkle, a good pair of jeans, and there isn’t a nail polish color she won’t try on. Currently, she resides in Orlando where she’ll brave any outlet, boutique, or crowd of tourists for a truly spectacular fashion find.
Top 5 Winter Trends You Can Wear Now in Florida
Crystal snowflakes and a white blanket of snow, that’s what winter is about… that is, unless you live in sunny Florida. Instead of winter wonderland, it’s beaches and palm trees with an occasional chilly breeze. So what do you do when you’re longing to incorporate the latest winter trends while living in a city with barely-changing seasons? Easy, make it lighter and make it simpler. Not sure how? Check out these tips:
1. Infinity Scarves – If you’re dressing to face a frigid winter day, your outfit isn’t complete without a fluffy and warm infinity scarf. But those snow bunnies would melt under the Florida sun. Instead, rock a similar look with a lighter, colorful version that works for both winter and spring.
2. Boots – Fur lined booties were certainly made for winter walking but warmer temperatures call for a slight modification. Keep your toes from getting heat exhaustion with peep toe booties. Just as stylish- but with a lot more ventilation.
3. Chunky knits sweaters – Who doesn’t want a soft knit sweater to wear on a cold evening in front of the fireplace? Alas, there are no cold evenings this south so stay cool by trading the chunky sweater for a short-sleeved knit option. Same feel, less warmth.
4. Faux Fur- A luxurious faux fur would make anyone feel like an A-lister. Cop the look by opting for a faux fur vest paired with a simple tee. You’ll survive even the hottest of afternoons in Florida and any run in with the paparazzi.
5. Beanies – Not only are these chunky knit beanies super cute but they quickly resolve a bad hair day. Unfortunately, they also raise the temperature to your head and ears. But don’t let that scare you into leaving that warm little head bare. Trade out that beanie for an even cuter knit headband and stay cool and stylish.
Turns out winter fashion in Florida is not so bad after all! Who says you can’t admire palm trees and rock out a killer winter-inspired ensemble? Go forth and winterize that season-less closet!
Both comments and pings are currently closed.