School Lunch Tips! Healthy Fuel for School! 10/17/12
As much as we love the idea of a Hot Lunch … We got this from our friends and Dole and had to share it!
We love their Dole Real Fruit Bites!
Here is a % for you and Top 5 Tips!
When scrambling to pack the kids’ lunch boxes in the morning, you may forget about our own lunch. In fact, 73% of moms have eaten their child’s snack in a pinch.* If you have fallen victim to this statistic, it’s best to stock up on snacks that the whole family will enjoy.
And from your previous post, I know you are a fan of Dole Real Fruit Bites, which combine three healthy favorites – fruit, yogurt and whole grain oats – into one delicious taste. Offered in three yummy 90-calorie flavors – apple, pineapple and mango, I’m sure you and your family have a favorite flavor.
Check out some additional lunch-packing tips to make the mornings run smoothly.
- Leverage last night’s leftovers. Add instant rice to leftover chicken or transform leftover steak into a hearty chili
- Share a smile. Cut sandwiches into different shapes with cookie cutters, or write a note on a napkin
- Camouflage healthy snacks. Dole Real Fruit Bites are made from real dried fruit, coated with yogurt and sprinkled with toasted whole grain oats – Kids won’t be trading this snack
- Keep it cool. Think outside the thermos, and try freezing a yogurt cup or a juice box
- Snack attack. Grab snacks for your desk drawer or purse so you can have a quick bite
*Source: Wakefield Research for Dole Real Fruit Bites
Both comments and pings are currently closed.