James Beard-Nominated Chef Jose Mendin of Pubbelly, along with Edible Orlando, Droolius.com and Rockaway PR Explore Social Media’s Impact on the Industry
Rockaway, a culinary and lifestyle public relations agency with offices in Miami, Orlando and New York, launches Table Talk – a new interactive series exploring pertinent topics in the industry. On Tuesday, May 14 from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. at Downtown CREDO (706 West Smith Street), the inaugural panel discussion dubbed “Toques & Tech” will examine food and dining through a digital lens. Table Talk’s featured panelists will share their expertise on how technology is shaping the world of food and dining from both a consumer and trade perspective, and will provide insight on how to use social media to grow business.
“Rockaway’s Table Talk is a tool for us to share our in-depth knowledge of the food industry,” said Alexis Knapp, agency principal. “Central Florida’s culinary scene is budding and we hope that our program will create a dynamic place for chefs, PR professionals and industry leaders to talk about trends and build meaningful relationships in the Orlando market.”
- Alexis Knapp of Rockaway – With more than a decade of public relations and marketing experience, Knapp launched Rockaway in 2006, rapidly carving a niche clientele of innovative and compelling brands in the culinary world
- Jose Mendin of Pubbelly – James Beard-nominated chef of Miami’s Pubbelly, the flagship eatery of a flourishing restaurant group credited with having fundamentally transformed Miami’s dining scene (Barceloneta Spanish Bistro & Mercat, PB Steak, Pubbelly Sushi and Macchialina)
- Julius Mayo of Droolius.com – Founder of Droolius.com – a prominent food blog focused on special events and dining – and social media consultant, helping clients with social media management, strategies and branding
- Kendra Lott of Edible Orlando – Publisher of Edible Orlando – Central Florida’s magazine dedicated exclusively to local food, farms and chefs – Lott also possesses an extensive background in food studies with a graduate degree from New York University and in advertising with Food Arts magazine
- C. Major of Rockaway – Account Executive at Rockaway Orlando’s culinary-lifestyle division, Major brings her savoir-faire to agency clients including 4 Rivers Smokehouse, Christner’s Del Frisco’s, Italio, Peterbrooke Chocolatier and Healthy Greek Eats, to name a few (Moderator)
For more information or to RSVP, please e-mail email@example.com or call 407.236.6566 ext. 103. Complimentary coffee and pastries will be served; seating is limited.