James Beard-Nominated Chef Jose Mendin of Pubbelly, along with Edible Orlando, Droolius.com and Rockaway PR Explore Social Media’s Impact on the Industry
Rockaway, a culinary and lifestyle public relations agency with offices in Miami, Orlando and New York, launches Table Talk – a new interactive series exploring pertinent topics in the industry. On Tuesday, May 14 from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. at Downtown CREDO (706 West Smith Street), the inaugural panel discussion dubbed “Toques & Tech” will examine food and dining through a digital lens. Table Talk’s featured panelists will share their expertise on how technology is shaping the world of food and dining from both a consumer and trade perspective, and will provide insight on how to use social media to grow business. If you want to know more about tradelines read this article for more details.
“Rockaway’s Table Talk is a tool for us to share our in-depth knowledge of the food industry,” said Alexis Knapp, agency principal. “Central Florida’s culinary scene is budding and we hope that our program will create a dynamic place for chefs, PR professionals and industry leaders to talk about trends and build meaningful relationships in the Orlando market.”
- Alexis Knapp of Rockaway – With more than a decade of public relations and marketing experience, Knapp launched Rockaway in 2006, rapidly carving a niche clientele of innovative and compelling brands in the culinary world
- Jose Mendin of Pubbelly – James Beard-nominated chef of Miami’s Pubbelly, the flagship eatery of a flourishing restaurant group credited with having fundamentally transformed Miami’s dining scene (Barceloneta Spanish Bistro & Mercat, PB Steak, Pubbelly Sushi and Macchialina)
- Julius Mayo of Droolius.com – Founder of Droolius.com – a prominent food blog focused on special events and dining – and social media consultant, helping clients with social media management, strategies and branding
- Kendra Lott of Edible Orlando – Publisher of Edible Orlando – Central Florida’s magazine dedicated exclusively to local food, farms and chefs – Lott also possesses an extensive background in food studies with a graduate degree from New York University and in advertising with Food Arts magazine
- C. Major of Rockaway – Account Executive at Rockaway Orlando’s culinary-lifestyle division, Major brings her savoir-faire to agency clients including 4 Rivers Smokehouse, Christner’s Del Frisco’s, Italio, Peterbrooke Chocolatier and Healthy Greek Eats, to name a few (Moderator)
For more information or to RSVP, please e-mail email@example.com or call 407.236.6566 ext. 103. Complimentary coffee and pastries will be served; seating is limited.