Red Hot & Boom – Central Florida’s biggest Independence Day bash – will take place on Wednesday, July 3. Here’s what people need to know from getting there to getting home – and everything in between.
Red Hot & Boom is an annual Independence Day event presented by the City of Altamonte Springs and XL 106.7 at Cranes Roost Park in Uptown Altamonte. The crowd is expected to be in excess of 100,000 people.
Known for serving up chart-topping hits from some of the hottest internationally known recording artists, Red Hot & Boom has a tradition of hosting bands and performers considered to be on the rise. Household names like ‘N Sync, Neon Trees, Hot Chelle Rae and Mat Kearney have all graced the stage in Cranes Roost Park. This year’s lineup includes the world-famous Jonas Brothers, along with Chris Wallace, MKTO and more.
This year’s lineup includes:
- Jonas Brothers – this pop trio has sold more than 20 million albums; after a three-year hiatus the band is back on tour and will release its fifth album later this year
- Chris Wallace – this newcomer has earned praises for his debut single “Remember When (Push Rewind)” and his debut album “Push Rewind”
- MKTO – Malcolm Kelley and Tony Oller started out in TV but now entertain audiences with their blend of indie hip hop hits
- Melissa Gorga – best known for being a member of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, will share her new single “Never Let Me Go”
- Stefano – top ten finisher on American Idol, has a new single called “Yes to Love”
- Nikki Williams – her bio says it best: “a killer set of pipes and an attitude to match.”
- The winner of XL 106.7’s “Next Big Thing” contest
Red Hot & Boom will take place on July 3 – regardless of the weather. Storms can cause the fireworks to be delayed, but the show will go on. Emergency service providers, including the Altamonte Springs Police Department, Seminole County Fire Department, Seminole County Sheriff’s Department and other agencies have plans in place to deal with the threat of severe weather. Heat can also take its toll, and people are strongly urged to stay hydrated. First aid tents will be staffed by fire and paramedic crews to deal with medical issues.
Red Hot & Boom has a reputation for putting on the BIGGEST AND BEST fireworks show in Central Florida, and this year will be no different. The fireworks show is scheduled to begin at 9:30 pm(weather permitting). The show, produced by Pyro Shows Inc. is choreographed to both today’s hits and patriotic favorites. The music is simulcast on XL 106.7 FM. More than 10,000 fireworks will be used in the 25 minute show.
For more information, please visit http://uptownaltamonte.com/ or visit the media tent on the day of the event.