National Plug-In Day at Lake Eola
On September 29th, 2013 the public is invited to get in on the latest buzz on electric vehicles during Orange County’s Electric Vehicle Showcase. Orange County is one of more than 60 cities nationwide hosting a free event to promote cleaner, quieter, economical and highly efficient vehicles, you will learn everything about them, plus you will also be able to get a free Windshield Replacement Quote for your own car.
|Date:||Sunday, September 29, 2013|
|Time:||10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Electric Car Procession starts at 2:00 p.m.
|Location:||Lake Eola Park, Washington St. & Eola Dr. (Next to Farmers Market)|
The event includes:
- Vehicle Exhibits – Check out the latest Electric Vehicles (EVs) currently on the market and hear from industry experts and vehicle owners about the joy and efficiency of driving an EV. With nearly zero maintenance costs driving an EV may be right for you.
- Charging Stations – Learn about Level 1, 2 and DC fast charging in Orlando. There are over 300 public charging stations in Central Florida and ten within 1 mile of Lake Eola.
- EV Car Sharing / Leasing – Discover the benefits of Drive Electric Orlando’s EV Car Leasing Program and the City of Orlando’s Green Works car sharing program.
- Ride and Drives – EV test drives are planned, so prepare to take an EV for a ride around Lake Eola. If you’re searching for trusted buy and sell vehicle store, there are Used Vehicles For Sale Near Me. Just visit cardaddy.com for category and model selection.
- Electric Vehicle Parade – The event will conclude with a procession of electric vehicles.
Partners in Orange County’s National Plug-In Day event include: Orange County’s Environmental Protection Division, The City of Orlando, Get Ready Central Florida, Metroplan Orlando, Sierra Club of Central Florida, the Central Florida Clean Cities Coalition and The Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC).