Only 15 days left until Orlando’s first ever CONjure, a homegrown convention for fans (and families!), by fans! There will be a little something here for everyone! Go dressed as your favorite character and compete in cosplay contest! Fan Film screenings, panels of all kinds, gaming, photo ops with your favorite stars and more!
If you are free all weekend and like to pitch in to help, read CONjure’s Top 5 Reasons to Volunteer!
CONjure Brings Celebrity Guests & Three Days of Fan-minded Fun to Orlando
ORLANDO, Fla. – July 15, 2014 – CONjure Florida is a hotel-based fan experience in the cradle of the Universal Studios tourist area. The inaugural event kicks off in Orlando with three full days of con festivities Aug. 1–3, 2014.
“Our production team has been going to cons for nearly 100 years if you add it all up. But like a lot of con-goers, we felt their recent rise in popularity created overcrowding that made it hard to enjoy what was so great about these events to begin with,” says chief organizer Ron Methvin. “Interacting with celebrities and other fans, being able to engage and be inspired by the things you care about is what a con’s all about. So we created exactly the type of event we’d want to attend.”
The family-friendly event will hold panels, photo ops and Q&A sessions throughout the three days of the con, to bring fans together with their favorite series actors including those from “Supernatural,” “The Vampire Diaries” and “Phineas and Ferb.”
Featured celebrity guests include:
- Mark Sheppard of Doctor Who, Firefly, Medium, Supernatural
- Joel Hodgson, creator and star of “Mystery Science Theater 3000”
- David “Doc” O’Connell one of SyFy’s new competitors on “Face Off” (and from Orlando)
- Kelly Hu from Arrow, X-Men 2, The Vampire Diaries, Phineas and Ferb
- Nicholas Brendon, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Criminal Minds
- Dana Snyder, Squidbillies, Adventure Time
- Chad Rook, making Internet rounds as The Weatherman in the new series “The Flash”
- Sandeep Parikh of Community, The Guild
- and many more
Featured events include:
- My Nerdy Mermaid Party with Dive-in Movie, presented by Girls of the Con
- A VIP3K ticket to Joel Hodgson’s “Riffing Myself”
- Concerts by Dalton Cyr and The Ken Spivey Band
- Geek dating how-to’s, a Whovian Singles event and other activities for friendship and fun
- Sandeep Parikh’s improv party bus for those aged 21 and up
- Iron artist and cosplay contests emceed by George Lowe (“Space Ghost”)
- A “Robots vs. Aliens” charity giving battle to benefit Nemours Children’s Hospital
- Kid panels that feature cosplay and character creation designed for kids 12 and under
- More than 5,000 square feet of dedicated gaming space
- Plus dozens of screenings, quizzes, social stuff, panels, parties, demos and more
CONjure is an Orlando-based event that’s about fandom, because it’s produced by fans. Brought to you by the producers of Dream Con, it’s a re-imagining of one of Florida’s most talked-about conventions. While there are plenty of celebrities, CONjure also features gaming, cosplay, special FX, prop building, fan films & fiction and much more. Plus, CONjure is family friendly. Interact with us on social media (Facebook, Twitter and Google+) or visit us at www.CONjureFlorida.com.