New Yorkers know Shake Shack. Jimmy Fallon and Spiderman villain Dane Dehaan LOVE Shake Shack. Jon Stewart, of course, is aware of the hamburger establishment known as Shake Shack. Even Kathie Lee and Hoda are crushing on Shake Shack! What took us so long?!
You may be asking yourself one of two or three questions;
1) Why DIDN’T Central Florida have a Shake Shack sooner?
2) What the heck is a “Shake Shack” and why should I care about shakes or shacks, together or separately?
and, because I really want to know;
3) Is crack Shake Shack’s secret ingredient?
1) We don’t know what took Shake Shack so long. Clearly Central Florida is one of the most popular vacation destinations IN THE WORLD, so naturally one might assume we were a given.
2) A little Shake Shack history, quoted directly from their mothership home page: “Shake Shack sprouted from a hot dog cart in Madison Square Park in Manhattan created by Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG) to support the Madison Square Park Conservancy’s first art installation. The cart was quite the success, with Shack Fans lined up daily for three summers.
In 2004, USHG won the bid to open a permanent kiosk in the Park: Shake Shack was born. This modern day “roadside” burger stand serves up the most delicious burgers, hot dogs, frozen custard, shakes, beer, wine and more. An instant neighborhood fixture, Shake Shack welcomed people from all over the city, country and world who gathered together to enjoy fresh, simple, high-quality versions of the classics in a majestic setting. The rest, as they say, is burger history.”
3) Sources at Winter Park’s Shake Shack location could neither confirm nor deny said speculation of crack as an ingredient. Interesting to note, said sources also could not confirm nor deny the existence of Shake Shack’s Super Secret Menu locally. Hmmm… will continue to investigate both and keep you guys posted.
Top 5 COOL things about Shake Shack:
1) The C-Line. If you are only craving desserty type goodness, this line’s for you. Bypass the hungry Shakersby, get your custard and split.
2) The view off the back porch of Lake Killarney. Just trust us. Even if it’s hot and gross, dine on the back porch at sunset. It’s just… WOW. (There’s a ping pong table too!)
3) Community Love! They certainly don’t have to however, The Shack regularly donates %5 of sales from their Winter Wonderland Concrete (a dense custard with optional mix-ins) to Central Florida’s own BASE (Believe, Achieve, Support, Educate) Camp Children’s Cancer Foundation, which provides support for children and families living with cancer. Shake Shack’s Stand For Something Good blog is also awesome.
4) NO hormones or antibiotics. EVER. SS only serves 100% all-natural Angus beef.
5) CRINKLE. FRIES. With cheese… cheddar and American. My mouth runneth over!!
For food, heck out my Google Story below for a few visuals…