by Kelly Green
1 It’s the first ever Monster Jam in the newly renovated Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium.
Stadium officials and architects consulted Monster Jam in the development of Citrus Bowl Stadium’s all
new South End tunnel, which provides Monster Jam with easier access in and out of the stadium. In the
construction of the South End tunnel, Monster Jam provided logistic and size requirements for these access points to help improve the Monster Jam dirt track construction process. Over $3 million+ went into the Orlando Citrus Bowl field turf and an estimated 300 truckloads of dirt will be needed to cover the brand new field turf!
2 Party In The Pits
Pick up your free pass at your Southern Ford Dealer or when purchasing tickets. Meet the drivers, watch cool displays from R/C trucks to BMX stunts. You might even see a stilt walker or a clown or two. (Monster Jam IS a Feld Entertainment production, after all!)
3 The Trucks
Orlando fans will see:
- Grave Digger® driven by Chad Tingler
- Scooby-Doo™ driven by Brianna Mahon
- Max-D℠ driven by Tom Meents
- Son-uva Digger® driven by Ryan Anderson
- Monster Mutt® Rottweiler driven by Rod Schmidt
- Grave Digger the Legend® driven by Adam Anderson
- Soldier Fortune driven by Chad Fortune
- Gunslinger® driven by Scott Hartsock
- Black Stallion® driven by Mike Vaters
- Overkill Evolution driven by Mike Vaters Jr.
- Higher Education driven by Jim Tracey
- Iron Warrior® driven by Matt Cody
- The Xtermigator driven by JR McNeal
- Razin Kane driven by Buddy Thompkins
- Ice Cream Man driven by Roy Pridgeon
- Jester driven by Matt Pagliarulo
Subject to change without notice.
4 Family Fun
At the pre-event party, or at the main event, excitement is in the air as the Monster Jam vehicles (the real ones AND R/C-style) rev their engines.
Tip: They’re LOUD. Bring ear plugs or headphones to protect little ears.
Will your kids cheer on ScoobyDoo, or Monster Mutt Rotweiller? Or is Max D more their speed?! Have fun finding out together.
5 The JAM
Qualifying heats, Obstacle Course, and the incredibly exciting Freestyle events will have you shouting out loud! You’ll find yourself biting your nails, cheering like crazy, and maybe even booing the judges a little when your favorite doesn’t get the points YOU think they deserved.
One of the many highlights of this year’s competition is participation by all three Team Grave Digger vehicles: Grave Digger, Grave Digger the Legend, and the Orlando event champion from 2013 AND 2014, Ryan Anderson driving Son Uva Digger. The superstar competitive field will also feature the return of Monster Jam’s only eleven-time World Champion, Tom Meents driving Maximum Destruction. Meents is famous for his all-out driving style and numerous monster truck back flips.