So much is going on this weekend in Central Florida! We love fun, and we know all of you love fun too! That’s why we had to share with you a very special party happening on Saturday, May 9th at the Parliament House.
Now in its second year, the Festival of Equality presented by Wedding Alliance and Helium Group has gotten even bigger! With local vendors, DJs and performers, a pool party, two fashion shows and a big NoH8 Campaign photo shoot with reknown celebrity photographer Adam Bouska, is sure to be another hit! (Remember last year’s event?!)
Brian P. Gouthro, founder of the Festival and President of both the Wedding Alliance and Helium Group, started this with one goal in mind – bringing fun to awareness. “There is no differences between us; regardless of our gender, orientation, race or size. We all should be welcomed in the community we work and play in. Equality is not a concept. It’s not something we should be striving for. It’s a necessity.As humans we simply long to be accepted and loved by one another. At Festival of Equality, we believe that equality equals love; love and acceptance of all. Period,” he says.
Many locals are familiar with the NOH8 Campaign, and many more have even posed for a photo including our own Nando Torres and his BFF Christina Carmona of Bad Kitty Films! Everyone is invited to the party as well as welcome to pose for pictures. Here are some details…
- Festival of Equality begins at noon on Saturday, May 9th and is scheduled to end around 2am on Sunday.
- Events begin also at noon – 6pm.
- Parliament House address: 410 N. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32805
NoH8 Campaign photo shoot info:
- NOH8 Campaign will be set up in the Footlight Theatre from 12pm – 3pm
- Make sure to WEAR A WHITE SHIRT!
- Props are allowed but no licensed characters, etc.
- Go to registration table, fill out a release to get your number. (Each person photographed needs a release, minors need a guardian’s permission)
- Cost: Solo shots are $40, Groups are $25 per person. (Cash and credit are accepted)
- NOH8 temporary tattoos and duct tape will be provided onsite
- Adam will take 5-10 frames per person, one will be selected, touched up and sent to you in 4-8 weeks.
- Can’t make the Orlando shoot? Join NOH8 at the Hilton Daytona Beach Resort on Sunday!
- Festival of Equality on FB: https://www.facebook.com/events/358870120987372/
- NOH8 shoot for Orlando: https://www.facebook.com/events/676727792435753/
- NOH8 shoot for Daytona Beach: https://www.facebook.com/events/1429181547394253/