Starting today through Saturday afternoon is the 22nd Annual Mascot Games Presented by Wawa
! New Hope for Kids
staff, a bunch of really cool kids and devoted volunteers from DPR Construction and other local businesses will pack Amway Center today, Friday, June 19
, at 12:30pm
, and Saturday, June 20
, at 2pm.
Twenty-four of the best and most popular mascots
from across North America will join the Orlando Magic’s STUFF
, the event’s host mascot
, for this annual competition. Favorite mascots
from Major League Baseball, National Football League, National Basketball Association, National Hockey League, Major League Soccer, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association will divide into four teams as they compete against each other in a series of wild and wacky games to determine the true champions of the mascot
“The collection of Mascots that will be showcased at Amway Center will be unrivaled anywhere in the world,” said Dave Joswick, Executive Director of New Hope for Kids. “Our ambassador, Orlando Magic’s STUFF, has invited top notch talents, all who love to compete, and who also love knowing they’re helping kids.”
The Mascot Games Presented by Wawa will once again be emceed by Fired Up Entertainment’s Scotty B, an Orlando staple. Each Mascot team will have a Celebrity Coach that will help manage the team and push them to victory. Coaches on June 19: WFTV sportscaster Christian Bruey, Orlando Sentinel sports columnist George Diaz, and 740 The Game radio personalities Ditti and Doc.
Coaching duties on June 20 will be entrusted to The Monsters from Real Radio 104.1: Russ, Dirty Jim, Angel and Carlos. Each game will feature a halftime show with local talent, Gina Incadela on June 19th and Project DJ Slam, featuring Blake Guyre!
5 cool things to look for:
- Giveaways, coupons and more at Pizza Hut of Central Florida’s booth
- Silent Auction items just in time for Father’s Day
- Truly Nolen’s MouseCars and MouseLimo!
- Avanti Resort’s ‘high five’ Selfie Contest
- Olive Garden’s Breadstick Sandwich wagon (Saturday only, 1-5pm)
Tickets for the Mascot
Games Presented by Wawa are still on sale. General admission tickets start at $12 and can be purchased through mascotgames.org
, the Chase Box Office at Amway Center, all Ticketmaster retail locations, charge-by-phone at 800-745-3000
or at Ticketmaster.com
On Saturday only, a limited number of VIP “Mascot Huddle” tickets, which include a Mascot meet and greet and reserved seating, are available for $30, and reserved seating is available for $20.
Group seating for Summer Camps is available by downloading a form from the event website at www.mascotgames.org
under the “Summer Camps” tab. In addition, discounted corporate tickets are available, offering local companies the ability to reward and entertain their employees and/or customers.
All proceeds from the Mascot Games Presented by Wawa
benefit New Hope for Kids
, which provides support to children and families grieving the death of a loved one, and grants wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses in Central Florida. Since its inception, the event has raised more than $300,000 for New Hope for Kids.
• Albert & Alberta – University of Florida
• Bango – Milwaukee Bucks
• Billy the Marlin – Miami Marlins
• Captain Fear – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
• Carlton – Toronto Maple Leafs
• Champ – Dallas Mavericks
• Fin the Whale – Vancouver Canucks
• Harry the Hawk – Atlanta Hawks
• Kingston – Orlando City Soccer Club
• Knightro – University of Central Florida
• Lil’ Red – University of Nebraska
• Louie – St. Louis Blues
• N.J. Devil – New Jersey Devils
• Orbit – Houston Astros
• Rangers Captain – Texas Rangers
• Raymond – Tampa Bay Rays
• Rowdy – Dallas Cowboys
• Sebastian – University of Miami
• Shades – Orlando Solar Bears
• Slamson the Lion – Sacramento Kings
• Stanley C. Panther – Florida Panthers
• Stormy – Carolina Hurricanes
• STUFF – Orlando Magic
• ThunderBug – Tampa Bay Lightning
• Tommy Hawk – Chicago Blackhawks (Uh oh. Will it get awkward around ThunderBug? Is the Stanley Cup visiting? We are not bitter… much.)
Be part of the games: Follow along and share on social media! Be sure to follow #MascotGames on
About New Hope for Kids
Since 1996, New Hope for Kids has been helping Central Florida children in need. Our purpose is to bring hope, healing and happiness to children and families suffering from grief, loss or life-threatening illnesses. New Hope for Kids achieves this through two programs: The Center for Grieving Children helps children and families cope with the feelings of grief and loss after the death of a loved one. Wishes for Kids grants wishes to children up to the age 19, diagnosed with a life-threatening illness. For more information visit www.newhopeforkids.org.