My favorite part of the summer begins tonight: Sak Comedy Lab’s Brawl for All! For the past three summers, at 11:30 p.m. every Friday night I sit right in the front row and laugh my face off at a variety of themed improv teams.You might wonder what makes the Brawl so special. Well, for me, it’s the competition aspect. These teams are not only making hilarity happen via your suggestions, they’re also in the middle of a heated battle to win the coveted Brawl Belt.
Twelve teams will compete head to head in a single-elimination competition, trading off rounds of improv comedy in hopes of receiving your vote at the end of the night. The ultimate winner will be crowned at 9:30 p.m. on Friday, September 25.
Previous year’s champions have included clueless (but utterly hilarious) moms and Calvin Klein models gone extra dramatic(ly funny). Who will win this year? Here are the contenders:
– TOUGH GUYS: Max Hilend and Josh Hurtado
– CAMP KIDDIES: Stevie Todd, Jess Marie, Andy Dunscmombe
– TWO DUDES ABROAD: Lorraine Rosemary, Brian Spain, Leo Uhakheme
– PUN DMC: Isaac Folch, Jordan Keyes, Sam Hammersley
– POKING THE BEAR: Ryan Holmes, Charlie Bowie, Rachael Thompson
– REAL HOUSE-SPOUSES OF ORLANDO: Rebecca Siegel, Jim Doyle, John Connon, Robyn Kelly
– COUPLES COUNSELING: Melanie Leon, George Crudo, Matthew Jones
– 3 JUDYS: Mark Baratelli, Chris Dinger, Joel Warren
– JOEL WARRENS IMPROV CLASS: Lindsay Taylor, Julie Snyder, Michael Geniac, Kristin Eley
– THE ORPHANS: Amanda Wirtz, Emily Fontano
– JUST-US LEAGUE: Cody Bush, Danny Loecken, Eric Novella
– PAPAS BOYS: Matt Hartin, Drew Gooden, Akmal Tajihan
The fight for your laughs (and votes) kicks off tonight, Friday, July 17 at 11:30 p.m. at Sak Comedy Lab. Let’s brawl.
-STORY CONTRIBUTED BY JACKI MICK