Having a grandfather, uncle, granduncle, sister-in-law and father who have all served in the Military, I have a deep admiration for those in the military both past and present. I appreciate and admire their service to our country. Thankfully I’m not the only one who wishes our service men and women the very best.
A special thank you to our own Veterans here at Central Florida Top 5, Nando and Gerald!
For Veterans Day 2015, there are a myriad of small (and big) thank you’s offered up to those who have or are currently defending the US of A.
Here are my Top Five:
- Hotels and Resorts Leading the way, Westgate Resorts wants to thank service men and women. Starting tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. U.S. military veterans of Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom and The War on Terror can apply to receive a complimentary stay at a Westgate Resorts property, including resorts in Orlando and Las Vegas. Beginning November 11 at 9 a.m. EST, the first 2,500 eligible service members who complete the online military appreciation form that will be posted on their page will receive a complimentary three-day, two-night vacation at an eligible Westgate Resorts property in Orlando, Florida; River Ranch, Florida; Branson, Missouri; Gatlinburg, Tennessee; or, for the first time, Las Vegas.
Many other hotels and resorts are offering discounts including Rosen Hotels & Resorts Orlando. They’re giving 50% off accommodations of standard rates, and golf through the end of 2015. Participating hotels include, Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, Rosen Inn International, and Rosen Inn near Universal. Valid military ID is required. Book here.
- Theme Parks, Attractions & National Parks reward our heroes with programs that service personnel in for free and offer their family members discounts. SeaWorld has Waves of Honor; WDW offers a discount on 4-day passes for military (read details here); and Universal has discounted tickets at military bases around the country for re-sale to active duty, retired military and Department of Defense personnel. Wild Florida is giving $6.00 off adult and $3.00 off children one-hour airboat tour and Wildlife Park combo and Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition offers veterans to receive $4 off admission to Titanic The Artifact Exhibition or $10 off Titanic’s First Class Dinner Gala.
- Food and Drink offerings are abundant with a few (at least to me) surprises. Krispy Kreme is giving a doughnut and coffee to active or past military service personnel; Texas Roadhouse is buying lunch; Fogo de Chao has a nice discount (Military Veterans and Active Duty Personnel are can dine Nov. 11 –13 to receive 50% off their meal and up to three guests will also receive 10% off) and IKEA gives an up to $9.99 value meal with ID. World of Beer is treating vets to a brewski, and loads of restaurants have free meals (often off of a special menu). Wawa has free coffee for military members and their families, too and Gigi’s Cupcakes Orlando will give veterans and active military a regular cupcake (while their kids can get minis). A quick search of “free meal on Veteran’s Day” will steer vets to a laundry list of American eateries honoring American heroes. Here’s a link and here’s anotherr with many other options.
- Wedding Gowns are free thanks to Alfred Angelo on Veteran’s Day only (at Alfred Angelo Signature Stores exclusively where an appointment to the store is made for Wednesday November 11, 2015). Brides Across America is also helping military brides-to-be. Check their website for details.
- Various Retailers and products also want to show their appreciation by giving discounts from 5% to 20% and some are even offering freebies including Great Clips who want to give vets a haircut when their friend receives one and, believe it or not, love is in the air by even long-time-rivals Coke and Pepsi who are signing a truce for a 30-second spot.
To service men and women both past and present, I (and these companies) salute YOU! Know of other great offers for Veterans Day? Feel free to share in the comments below.