Locals may be quick to confuse Sprinkles at Disney Springs, with Sprinkles Custom Cakes in Winter Park. Cake, er, make no mistake – they are quite different. One has been around the Central Florida area for 27 years and makes custom cakes, while the other opened as “the world’s first cupcake bakery” and sports a pink Cupcake ATM outside.
Yes, you read that right. CUPCAKE ATM. And it’s dangerous(ly delicious). Let’s discuss…Eleven years ago Candace Nelson (seen by many as a judge on all 10 Cupcake Wars seasons) opened the first Sprinkles in Beverly Hills (that is), California. Celebrities love Sprinkles. Angelenos and their dogs love (gluten-free and sugar-free) Sprinkles. They’re “a thing” all over the United States and Canada thanks to their 20 locations, mobile Sprinklesmobile (the world’s first cupcake truck), and Williams-Sonoma where you can find their cupcake mixes for sale for worswhipping-at-home or late, late night cravings.
In 2012, something magical happened… the birth of the world’s FIRST Cupcake ATM. Some people think of the Cupcake ATM as its own entity – and it IS – but Sprinkles made it happen, and made it happen first! Candace explains how the Cupcake ATM works here.
Those already familiar with them already know that Sprinkles uses the finest ingredients with no preservatives, artificial flavors or trans fats. They’re also baked fresh daily, handcrafted to order and, come with a nifty care guide and labeled flavor rows (on the inside top of the box).
Among the offerings; cupcakes, mini cupcakes, cookies, ice cream, espresso, ice cream cookie sandwiches, the Sprinkles Sundae (imagine a full-on or mini cookie or brownie sundae in the middle of your cupcake!), milkshakes…
5 things to know about Sprinkles
1) GIRL POWER: Sprinkles was founded by a female entrepreneur, and is operated by 90% female managers. These ladies know their flavors. Ask ’em anything!
2) DIETARY FLEXIBILITY: Normally, when most venture to a bakery, the last thought on their minds is the word “diet.” Some of us do not have a choice when it comes to food allergies and sensitivities. Sprinkles is aware of this and takes extraordinary care in making sure they bake up offerings to accommodate every palate, even slobbery ones. Here’s a head’s up for those who need to know:
*Gluten Free: Red Velvet Cupcakes, Chocolate Chip Cookies
*Vegan: Mango Sorbet, Red Velvet Cupcakes
*Sugar Free: Red Velvet Cupcakes (for the dogs!)
Note: Dog friendly cupcakes are also available via the Cupcake ATM!
ProTip: Sprinkles offers frosting shots. This is not a mirage… FROSTING. SHOTS. Buttercream, fudge, salted caramel… the world is your sweet, sweet oyster. Lick it up!
3) CHARITABLE HEART: Since opening in 2005, Sprinkles has donated over $7 million in cash and cupcakes to charitable organizations in local communities and around the world. Causes dear to their frosting filled hearts; fighting hunger, helping children and shining a light on women’s causes with a sweet emphasis on women’s cancer. They’ve partnered with the Girl Scouts, Citymeals-on-Wheels, Hunger Busters and other local community organizations and food banks around the country. Once they’re in the neighborhood, Sprinkles wants to get to know you and your neighbors, so drop by and introduce yourself!
Sprinkles also donates all leftovers each night to a local organization in need. Here in Central Florida, Sprinkles at Disney Springs have already committed to donating to A Grateful Mind, an Orlando 501c3 charitable organization which provides emergency crisis assistance and educational resources to homeless and impoverished men, women and children in Central Florida. A cupcake may not singlehandedly save the world, but it might bring a smile to the face of those are trying their best.
4) SPRINKLES PERKS & APP: [Android/iOS] Who carries cash these days – or cards? Pre-register at home for your own, free Sprinkles Perks account. Download the app and take your perks anywhere! Sign up for Sprinkles Perks free by clicking HERE! Speaking of high techie stuff, you can also email your favorite cupcake addict a Cupcake Card!
5) SPRINKLES IS UP FOR ANYTHING: Need custom messages, designs or decorations for your wedding, corporate event or other special occasion? Want to propose to your gal or guy via the Cupcake ATM? Want to reveal the gender of your baby to the family in the sweetest way possible? Interested in fundraising for your favorite local cause? Feeling like a red velvet waffle cone to go with your Red Velvet ice cream? Have an urge to sync your personal calendar up to Sprinkles’ flavor calendar? Bring it! Sprinkles welcomes the challenge.
The Lowdown on Sprinkles at Disney Springs (near Raglan Road):
Phone Number: (407) 560-9192
Store Hours: 10am – 12am (daily)
Cupcake ATM: 8am – 2am (stocked daily, 400 cupcakes max)
Delivery availability? YES. Online and phone! (within 100 mile radius)