In this final Detroit centric episode of #OmarfromtheO, Omar and the gang spend their last few hours enjoying the cool, 68 degree weather doing what? Roaming around and getting 100% all natural Angus Beef burgers from Brome Burger in Dearborn, of course!
What’s cool about Dearborn? Lots of things! It’s the birthplace of Henry Ford, The DHM (Dearborn Historical Museum) hosts regular adult Ghost Walks in Southeast Michigan, and their tourism guide turns into a really cool walk-or-ride tour of the city!
If any issues come across when accessing the pdf with the infromation try to use sodapdf.com to convert it online
Among all their cool projects, the Dearborn Community Fund hosts two donation-funded projects that caught our eye;
1) Pockets of Perception (POP) student design team works with local business people, instructors, and artists to design AND install a permanent public art project!
2) The Fund is partnering with the East Dearborn Downtown Development Authority (EDDDA) to repurpose Dearborn’s historic City Hall building into an ArtSpace, an affordable work/live space for artists and their families!
Among the many things Omar’s Great/Good list for Detroit:
- Great first trip to Detroit, Michigan!
- Different, educational and fun!
- See old faces (Hi Rose!)
- Met new ones
- Cool, cool hoodie worthy weather!
- Going off the
- Great group of friends
RoadTip: At some point you may have heard of Michigan referred to as “The Mitten State.” Here is a great story about how this came to be: http://michiganradio.org/post/when-did-we-start-calling-michigan-mitten-state#stream/0
Where did Omar find a little Magic in the Motor City? Watch Episode 4 to find out…