- This event has passed.
Fast & Free Flu Shots at Colonial Town Centra Care
October 10, 2016 @ 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM| FREE
With over 600 free flu shots given out in a three hour period last week, Florida Hospital Centra Care and Get Healthy Florida are answering community demand for the vaccination and have added an eighth clinic location to their 2016 Fast & Free Flu Shot schedule.
Like all other Fast & Free Flu Shot clinics this season, the Colonial Town Centra Care event will be offering quadrivalent vaccines. The quadrivalent (or quad) vaccine provides a broader protection against the flu as it protects against four different types of flu strains.
WHO: Open to the public — Adults & children 6-months and older are welcome to receive a free flu shot. (No reservations. First come, first served, while supplies last.)
WHERE: Colonial Town Centra Care – 630 N Bumby Ave, Orlando, FL 32803
WHEN: MONDAY, October 10th – 10AM – 1PM
FOR ADDITIONAL EVENT INFORMATION VISIT: MYFLUSHIELD.COM
Who Should Be Vaccinated?
The CDC recommends an annual flu vaccine for everyone, especially those who are at high risk for developing flu-related complications. Including:
- Pregnant women
- Children younger than 5, but especially younger than 2 years old
- People 50 years of age and older
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions – Asthma, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Diabetes, certain Heart Conditions, Sickle Cell, Anemia, Kidney & Liver Disorders, BMIs over 40
- People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including:
-Health care workers-Household contacts and out of home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age (these infants are too young to be vaccinated)