- This event has passed.
Wine & Chocolate Pairing At Peterbrooke Winter Park
November 1, 2012
On November 1, Peterbrooke Chocolatier of Winter Park (“Peterbrooke WP”) is set to kick off its seasonal wine pairing event, The Pair: Chocolate & Wine 101, from 7- 8:30 p.m. at its Park Ave. chocolate shop. The interactive class, set for 20, will be taught by Kevin Wray, owner of Peterbrooke WP alongside Lisa Wilk of Orlando Uncorked. Attendees can expect to:
1. Learn the history of chocolate
2. Understand and take a chance at tempering chocolate
3. Sample six wines and understand suggested wine pairings
4. Sample eight chocolates including the Ultimate Truffle, Sea Salt Chocolate, Milk & Dark Chocolate Covered Bacon, Sea Salt Chocolate-Covered Caramel, 65 percent and 72 percent Cocoa Chocolates, Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries and the Peterbrooke signature, Chocolate-Covered Popcorn
5. Receive a 10 percent discount on purchases made that night
In addition to chocolate sampling, the class will extend beyond the palate with the introduction of Wilk’s aroma kit featuring prominent flavor profile components of the wines sampled that evening. “The scents act as a guide, having each participant sniff the wine independently, share what they smell, then sniff the vial followed by the wine to see if they can pick out the key aroma,” said Lisa Wilk.
Those interested in attending the class must RSVP by calling Peterbrooke WP, but hurry as seats are melting away.
MORE ABOUT PETERBROOKE CHOCOLATIER OF WINTER PARK
Peterbrooke of Winter Park is locally owned and operated by Jami and Kevin Wray. The Winter Park
location boasts 1400-square-feet of chocolate bliss with unique-to-store delectables like chocolate-covered bacon, sea salt caramels, spicy chili chocolate and for the those looking for traditional favorites, the gourmet chocolate-covered popcorn is available in dark and milk chocolate. The chocolate boutique is open daily from Monday – Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
DATE: Thursday, November 1 from 7:00-8:30 p.m.
PRICE: $40 per person
WHERE: Peterbrooke Chocolatier of Winter Park
300 South Park Ave.
Winter Park, FL