UCF is Closing Down Early!
Thursday Football: Class Schedules, Parking Information
Faculty & Staff Appreciation Day, Knights for Pink game kicks off at 8 p.m.
( UCFUpdates here)
****Coca-Cola Freestyle is coming with their Truck !!!
See on FB
(You know we love them – more soon…)
Check out this story by By Eric DeSalvo via http://www.ucfathletics.com/
UCFAthletics.com has you covered with how to follow all of Thursday’s action, including 10 Twitter tidbits to tweet out to all of your followers.
- @UCF_Football (2-2) vs. @ECUPiratesFB (3-2)
- Bright House Networks Stadium (45,323) – @CityBeautiful – 8 p.m.
- Watch it live on @CBSSportsNet. You can listen on WYGM @740thegame (flagship), WFLF 540-AM (Maitland), WDCF 1350-AM (Clearwater), WROD 1340-AM (Daytona Beach), WWCN 770-AM (Fort Myers)
- Follow the action all game long with updates from @UCF_Football and @UCF_Athletics on Twitter. Don’t forget to “Like” the Knights on Facebook as well to see pictures from the season opener. For the stat buffs out there, follow on Gametracker.
- #UCF embarks on its final run in @ConferenceUSA1. The Knights have hosted their C-USA opener 6-of-8 years #FarewellTour
- This will be the second Thursday game of the season for the Knights. #UCF is 3-3 all-time on Thursday nights #MustSeeTV
- #UCFAA & Florida Hospital selected Oct. 4 to increase awareness and support for breast cancer research#Knights4Pink
- Six-of-the-last-eight meetings between #UCF and #ECU have produced at least four-combined turnovers#StickyBandits
- #UCF ranks 3rd in the nation by averaging only 3.5 penalties per game in 2012. #ECU ranks 5th, averaging 3.8 #TeamDiscipline
- UCF passers are hitting 65% of their targets. The Knights are looking for their 3rd-straight year of 60% completions for 1st time #Bullseye
- DE Troy Davis has nine sacks in his last nine games, including four this season. His career-high is 5.5 in 2010 #BeastMode
- #UCF’s defense is limiting opponents to a 29.1 conversion rate on third down, ranking it 16th in the nation#ThirrrrdDown
- On this day: #UCF topped Marshall, 23-22, in Huntington in 2006 on a 22-yard game-winning field goal by Michael Torres #WeAreUCF
- Record Watch: #UCF has 3 athletes (Murray, Godfrey, Harvey) who rank in the school’s top 10 in rushing TDs#HittingPayDirt
More details from UCF:
UCF Knights will play East Carolina University on Thursday, Oct. 4, in a nationally televised game that will kick off at 8 p.m. The university’s game day schedule and policies will be virtually identical to those successfully implemented during our home weeknight games the past two seasons.
UCF will conduct morning classes on the main campus and in the adjoining Research Park through noon. The main campus and university offices in the Research Park will close for normal operations at 12:30 p.m. to allow for adequate preparation time to support game day activities.
Designated support functions will remain in place similar to our Saturday game policy. Employees should speak with their supervisor about how their specific area will handle operations after 12:30 p.m.
Classes at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management and UCF’s regional campuses will end at 2:50 p.m. on game day, with normal university operations closing at those locations at 3 p.m.
The John C. Hitt Library on the main campus will close at 5 p.m.
UCF will re-open for normal operations, including regular class and activity schedules, at 7 a.m. Friday, Oct. 5.
The campus will open for game day parking and activities at 2 p.m. on Thursday afternoon, Oct. 4. The open container waiver that allows alcohol consumption for fans 21 and older will be in effect from 2 p.m. until game start. No tailgating activities will be authorized after midnight.
Parking and Towing Information: Staff members, faculty members and students will be able to park in many campus parking lots and garages throughout the Oct. 4 game day. Those areas – referred to on game days as the Red Zone and Blue Zone — include Garages A and I, the B and H parking lots and the third and fourth floors of Garage B.
Starting at 1 p.m., the first two levels of Garage B will be available for specifically authorized individuals conducting official university business. Additionally, Garage H will be reserved for authorized students displaying SGA-provided parking passes, credentialed staff and cash-paying customers on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 1 p.m.
Gold Zone parking lots and garages (those closest to Bright House Networks Stadium) will be restricted to vehicles displaying official Golden Knights Club or UCF Athletics Association parking passes starting at 1 p.m. All unauthorized vehicles in the Gold Zone are subject to towing beginning at 1 p.m.
Gold Zone parking areas include all parking lots and garages located north of Gemini Boulevard North (with the exception of Garage E and Garage G, which are used by Towers residents), plus Garage C; Garage D; and parking lots C1, C2, D1 and D2.
UCF reserved parking spaces for faculty and staff members will not be honored after 1 p.m.
Daily student shuttles on the Orlando campus will operate on their regular schedules from 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Shuttle service to and from the Rosen College of Hospitality Management will conclude at 3 p.m. Shuttles to and from the Health Sciences Campus at Lake Nona will run on their regular schedules.
Game day student shuttles will operate beginning at 3 p.m.
For more information on all of UCF’s game day policies, visitwww.UCFGameDay.com.
Thank you for your assistance as we strive for another smooth transition between our morning classes and our weeknight game activities. GO KNIGHTS!
Astronaut Presentation: Edgar Mitchell, the sixth astronaut to walk on the moon, will present Burnett Honors College student Christopher Frye with a$10,000 check from the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation during a second-quarter break. Frye is majoring in physics and mathematics.
Game Day Promotions: UCF will celebrate Knights for Pink, UCF Student Day and UCF Faculty & Staff Appreciation Day.
UCF Athletics will celebrate the Knights for Pink promotion presented by Florida Hospital to raise awareness and support for breast cancer research. Two dollars of every ticket purchased will be donated to support breast cancer research.
Single-game admission for all UCF students is free with a valid ID card. Free tickets also are being distributed to UCF regional campuses this week.
All UCF faculty and staff members qualify for a 20 percent discount off the single-game ticket price. A pregame tailgate party for faculty and staff members who purchase the discounted ticket or are season ticket holders will be at IOA Plaza beginning at 5 p.m.
UCF football single-game tickets start at just $25. Order today by calling the UCF Ticket Office at 407-823-1000 or visiting www.UCFAthletics.com.