March 1st – April 29th
Get Moving, Have Fun and Win Prizes!
Be part of the MOVEment! Walk. Bike. Swim. Dance. Garden. Do yoga… Just get moving for 60 days!
And when you do, you’re entered to win great weekly prizes like mini-memberships to RDV Sportsplex, Fitbits, restaurant and movie gift certificates and more!
It’s Free, Fun and Easy. Register as an Individual or recruit a team of friends, co-workers, school/PTO parents or your faith community.
Free T-shirt and Timex Pedometer – Every registered participant will receive a super soft, free T-shirt and Timex pedometer while supplies last. And, everyone who participates is eligible for great weekly prize drawings. Win great health, more fun and great prizes – simply for being active.
Once you register, you’ll receive an automatic email reply acknowledging your registration. Bring your phone or print out that receipt as proof of registration to receive your t-shirt and/or pedometer.
T-SHIRT/PEDOMETER PICK UP LOCATIONS:
- Orlando: Track Shack
- Winter Park: Winter Park Public Library, Winter Park Farmer’s Market (Saturday, Feb. 25 ONLY 7am – 1 pm)
- Maitland: Maitland Public Library, RDV Sportsplex, Maitland Farmer’s Market (Sunday, Feb. 26 ONLY 9 am – 2 pm)
- Eatonville: Healthy Eatonville Place
Join together as we become the healthiest community in the nation and Get Moving!
Special thanks to Healthy Central Florida Move60 sponsors – Florida Blue, Winter Park Health Foundation, Florida Hospital and the Winter Park Chamber of Commerce.
Join Move60 to walk, get fit, have fun and win prizes!
We love selfies! We love seeing YOUR selfies!
If you’re walking in tomorrow’s HUGE Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Orlando walk in Downtown Orlando, we KNOW we’ll see thousands of them! Expected attendance will be – get this – *at least* 60,000 people. It will be a literal SEA OF PINK, all for a great cause! The buzz on their Yelp Orlando event page is…
Put on your pink, grab some friends and join Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Orlando Presented by Lexus of Orlando at Lake Eola on Saturday, October 25th, 2014! Over 50,000 attended last year’s walk and we’re expecting even more new friends in the fight this year! Interested in volunteering or starting a team? Register for FREE at www.orlandostrides.com! Are you a breast cancer Survivor? Please make sure to register before the walk so we can save a space for your in our Survivor VIP Tent! Many goodies and surprises await…
Make sure to Tweet, Instagram and Facebook your #StridesSelfie and share your experiences before, during and after the walk using hashtag #OrlandoStrides!
Click HERE for Parking information. Click HERE for registration information
EXCLUSIVE NEWS: A little Twitter birdie told us Orlando Strides will attempt to take the Ultimate #StridesSelfie minutes before the walk begins at 9am. Will they be able to fit all 60,000 walkers in ONE PHOTO?! We’re not sure but we can’t wait to see them try!
Some of the MANY things happening at tomorrow’s MSABC walk:
- Lake Eola’s Fountain will be PINK!
- Free refreshments from Athena Water, Starbucks, FreshPoint Produce, Dole (no DoleWhips?!) and more
- Full Sail will have their own endstage setup near the start line
- Give ‘Til It Rocks will have some AMAZING talent playing live, sprinkled throughout the 5k walk
- All breast cancer Survivors will have a special VIP tent sponsored by Morgan and Morgan with a great view
- Vanessa Echols from Channel 9 WFTV and Dana Taylor from Mix 105.1 will emcee
- Lexus of Orlando will have a PINK car (and a few others) on display
- Look for the big Florida Blue tent for another selfie opportunity using the hashtag #HereFor___!
- We’ve heard a rumor too that Orlando Solar Bears‘ Shades may attend… [Update: CONFIRMED RUMOR!!]
- Strides is not a race but you can keep up with your walk on MapMyRun/MapMyFitness, RunKeeper and Endomondo
AFTER THE WALK: At Noon, Musician Keith Lay will present “Distance Music” at Lake Eola. His YouTube Channel explains ‘Distance Music’ as, “A new kind of musical experience that creates a sonic sculpture in a 23 acre lake. The audience to walks around it to view it with their ears. WIth 30 musicians, 14 boat people and 7 train horns!” Like Making Strides, this event is also FREE and (obviously) open to the public.
SAVE THE DATE for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Orlando’s VIP Party on November 11th, from 6-8pm at Lexus of Orlando!