- Relay For Life of Hunter’s Creek is Central Florida’s largest Relay For Life event, and dare we say The Best Relay EVER! Join us on Saturday, November 14th, 2015 at Osprey Park in Hunter’s Creek for fun, food, entertainment, activities and fundraising for a great cause, the American Cancer Society! To register as a Survivor, a team, an individual or as a sponsor, please visit relayforlife.org/HuntersCreekFL
Fundraising Begins: 11:00 AM
Opening Ceremony: Noon
The Opening Ceremony brings everyone together for a high-energy event kickoff to celebrate the lives of those who have battled cancer, to inspire hope by sharing recent accomplishments and progress, and to remind everyone that while we are winning this battle, fighting cancer is a year-round priority.
Survivors Lap: Noon
During the Survivors Lap, upbeat music plays as all cancer survivors at the event take the first lap around the track cheered on by the other participants who line the track, celebrating their victory over cancer.
Caregivers Lap: Noon
During the Caregivers Lap, anyone who ever cared for someone with cancer walks a lap so they can be honored for their support. Caregivers walk this lap with the people they helped if they are also present at the event.
Luminaria Ceremony: 9:00 PM
The Luminaria Ceremony is a time to remember people we have lost to cancer, to support people who currently have cancer, and to honor people who have fought cancer in the past. The power of this ceremony lies in providing an opportunity for people to work through grief and find hope.
Breakfast 7:00 AM – $5
Closing Ceremony: 9:00 AM
The Closing Ceremony is a time to remember the lives of those lost and to celebrate that each of us has committed, through our participation in a Relay event, to fight back against this disease over the next year.
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life movement symbolizes hope and our shared goal to end a disease that threatens the lives of so many people we love. If cancer has touched your life, participating in a Relay For Life event is a way to take action and help finish the fight. This is your opportunity to honor cancer survivors, remember those you have lost, and raise funds and awareness to fight back and help end cancer forever.
We love selfies! We love seeing YOUR selfies!
If you’re walking in tomorrow’s HUGE Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Orlando walk in Downtown Orlando, we KNOW we’ll see thousands of them! Expected attendance will be – get this – *at least* 60,000 people. It will be a literal SEA OF PINK, all for a great cause! The buzz on their Yelp Orlando event page is…
Put on your pink, grab some friends and join Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Orlando Presented by Lexus of Orlando at Lake Eola on Saturday, October 25th, 2014! Over 50,000 attended last year’s walk and we’re expecting even more new friends in the fight this year! Interested in volunteering or starting a team? Register for FREE at www.orlandostrides.com! Are you a breast cancer Survivor? Please make sure to register before the walk so we can save a space for your in our Survivor VIP Tent! Many goodies and surprises await…
EXCLUSIVE NEWS: A little Twitter birdie told us Orlando Strides will attempt to take the Ultimate #StridesSelfie minutes before the walk begins at 9am. Will they be able to fit all 60,000 walkers in ONE PHOTO?! We’re not sure but we can’t wait to see them try!
Some of the MANY things happening at tomorrow’s MSABC walk:
- Lake Eola’s Fountain will be PINK!
- Free refreshments from Athena Water, Starbucks, FreshPoint Produce, Dole (no DoleWhips?!) and more
- Full Sail will have their own endstage setup near the start line
- Give ‘Til It Rocks will have some AMAZING talent playing live, sprinkled throughout the 5k walk
- All breast cancer Survivors will have a special VIP tent sponsored by Morgan and Morgan with a great view
- Vanessa Echols from Channel 9 WFTV and Dana Taylor from Mix 105.1 will emcee
- Lexus of Orlando will have a PINK car (and a few others) on display
- Look for the big Florida Blue tent for another selfie opportunity using the hashtag #HereFor___!
- We’ve heard a rumor too that Orlando Solar Bears‘ Shades may attend… [Update: CONFIRMED RUMOR!!]
- Strides is not a race but you can keep up with your walk on MapMyRun/MapMyFitness, RunKeeper and Endomondo
AFTER THE WALK: At Noon, Musician Keith Lay will present “Distance Music” at Lake Eola. His YouTube Channel explains ‘Distance Music’ as, “A new kind of musical experience that creates a sonic sculpture in a 23 acre lake. The audience to walks around it to view it with their ears. WIth 30 musicians, 14 boat people and 7 train horns!” Like Making Strides, this event is also FREE and (obviously) open to the public.
SAVE THE DATE for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Orlando’s VIP Party on November 11th, from 6-8pm at Lexus of Orlando!